Friday, June 6, 2008

caballos, french movies, & converse.

becky and i... next to our horse. how presh.

another random horse...

a mexican man making plates... he was amazing.

This morning we woke up and had breakfast. Then we went to Tlaquepaque as a big group of the foreign exchange students. It was really fun- we went to museums of metal and clay things. Then we went to a store where they make clay things. We watched a man paint a plate. He was really cool, he played the guitar for us and sang songs about the town. I wish he had sold CDs of his music because it was really good. We looked around and bought some really pretty things. I bought a really cool plate. We got home from Tlaquepaque and went home for a little bit. We ate tostadas and it was a beautiful thing. After we ate, Ashley and I met up with Becky and Marco at the Gallerias to go to a movie. We couldn’t really decide on what movie to see, so we decided to watch a movie in Spanish. I was kind of sketched about it because I didn’t think I would understand. Well, we all got in the theater and waited for the movie to start. Once it did… there was Spanish subtitles and the audio was definitely in French. Yes, French. I thought I would be able to MAYBE understand a Spanish movie, but definitely not a French one. After about 10 minutes and a few incredibly sketchy scenes, we decided to leave. We didn’t have to leave for the stake dance until 8:00, so we decided to shop for a bit. Becky and I were looking for a pair of shoes to wear to the dance. I started by wanting heels… and then we decided we should get cool converse instead. In short, we didn’t get anything. But I did see a really cool surf shop with really cool board shorts- I am definitely going back to get them. =) After we went shopping, we went out to the bus stop and waited for the bus- it started to sprinkle and I was afraid that it was going to pour, because I hear when it rains here, it pours! We rode the bus for about 30 minutes to get to the chapel… and when we got to this 8 stake dance that I thought would be HUGE… there was about 10 people there. And the music was salsa, which I don’t know how to dance. We requested Whitney Houston, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and all of our group went to the middle of the floor and danced. All of the Mexicans just stared at us… making fools of ourselves. It was even more awkward because every light was on in the gym… after our American song, the Mexicans switched places with us, and we sat on the side confused. At one point, Manuel (who was the DJ) played Thriller (by this point there was a lot more people there). The Mexicans all made a circle around us, and we did our Thriller dance. They were so pleased and some of them video taped it on their phones. It was really fun and I’m definitely looking forward to doing that back in the states. I went outside for a while because I didn’t want to dance because I was tired. There were snacks- that was cool, but I didn’t really like it that much because I was tired. After the dance we took a taxi home… I was so glad to be home and I went straight to bed. LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments: