Friday, June 13, 2008

einstein, bubbles, & mariachi bands.

This morning we woke up early so we could get ready, study, and finish our projects. It was pretty painful. This whole NO sleep thing is definitely catching up to me. We went to school and took our final exam. It was pretty hard for me, and I’m not sure how I did. For the second half, we did our presentations. I thought it would be a good idea if I volunteered to go in the end so we wouldn’t have enough time. My fool-proof plan worked, and I went at 11:50 (when class gets out). I was still scared, I still read it word for word, and I still stuttered, BUT it’s ok! It’s over!
teresa y yo (she's mah teacher!!!)

After, we went to our end of school party… and ate lots of delicious tacos, horchatta, and tres leches (good cake). We got our diplomas, so I am legit now.
we gradumated!

becky y yo...

We did our Thriller dance for the last time! WOOHOO! There were piñatas for the moms first, Marcela was crazy insane with that stick. Slightly scary, and really funny. Then there was a piñata for us. There was a TON of candy and Danny was out there getting it all. =)
gerardo y yo en frente de la pinata!

la pinata!

There were also bars there, so all of us were pulling out our third grade gymnastics tricks.
just hanging around. ha. haha. haaa.

After the party, we all went home and got packed for Puerto Vallarta! I can’t believe it’s almost here! It still doesn’t seem quite real… and it kinda feels like we’re going to be in Guadalajara forever. At 7:30 we met at Gallerias so we (as in Marc, Becky, and I) could go to the centro to meet the rest of the group later. We took some pictures in the main square and we took a really funny video of me going on a tour of the centro. We got these really divine chocolate pastries. I liked it so much, I think I will use it as lipstick from now on… haha. We met Abraham and Chuey up there. Abraham bought bubbles… and I spilled them. I feel bad about it still, even though Abraham thought it was hilarious because we got it all on video. Also, the square at night is so BEAUTIFUL! The weather was perfect, there was music playing and it was so fun! It kind of reminded me of Disneyland. After we went to a Mariachi plaza. What you do is go to the plaza and pay the Mariachi per song. Chuey got them to lower the price, so that was a plus. Basically, Mariachi bands are bomb.com. It was so cool, and I got videos of their songs. We danced, and it was so fun. After they played their songs, I got to take pictures with the band. So, so cool. After the Mariachi bands, we went home. I was so tired (due to basically no sleep…) and showered… and went to sleep. Happy day! Tomorrow is PUERTO VALLARTA!!! DAAAH!!!

No comments: