Saturday, May 17, 2008

diego the snake, sunburns, and cheapos...

Today was AMAZING! We got to the university at 8:00… and we got on this FABULOUS bus to go up to Lake Chapala. What do I mean by fabulous you might ask… well, that is a good question. A) the chairs recline B) there were TVs and C) there was definite air conditioning. These things define fabulousness in a bus. We drove for about an hour to the lake. To pass the time we played MASH, and I learned that I will marry 25 cats. Kinda sad, I know. Ah, but that’s ok… being a cat-lady has to be cool. I’ll make it cool. Also, a few of us decided to start a tribe. It all started with what our talents were, and which of our friends would be kicked of our island on the bus. Our tribe is so cool and it is called Sin Verguenza. Basically that means Without Shame. I know, we are so cool. Haha. Anyways, we got off the bus and did some exploring… and then got back on the bus for pueblo number 2… and then we did more exploring! We got ice cream at a little shop, and while we were waiting for our group, a man came up to Mark and asked him if he wanted to buy a “Rolex” watch. Mark said no several times… and the man said in a funny accent, “CHEAPOS.” It was pretty much the funniest thing I have ever heard. We wandered around for a bit more… it was fun! At about 2:00 we went to this classy hotel for our buffet lunch. It was so posh. That’s the only word I can think of to describe it. We ate our fabulous meals of chicken, rice, salads, and several other things… and then headed back for the dessert table! And I had the most amazing chocolate cake with strawberries on top! After lunch we swam for like two hours and then played soccer for a bit. We drove back to the university. We went to Hermana Stallings house to pick up our bus tickets… and we ended up talking for a while. She is seriously the most amazing lady ever. And I feel that I am learning so much from her- about Spanish, life, and myself. I am so lucky that I could come to Guadalajara with this program with her as the director, and the girls in our group. Ashley and I came home, and scrimped up some dinner of bread and jello. They didn’t really have food. And it was slightly awkward. Basically now I am just uploading pictures! Sorry again about my slacker ways of taking forever to do it! Love you all!!!

a water snake (diego) and a dead fish in lake chapala... yucky.

lake chapala...

Mark/Marco, Becky, Stephanie, and I on a bench. We make Marco do lots of girly things so he fits in with us. Don't worry. He doesn't do it willingly.

owned that dock... that scary shaky old dock...

marco y yo drinking radioactive water... and no, we didn't really drink it.

our tree-man friend...

us chillin on the calle...

us being birds in the calle...

a fountain...

the cathedral...

the girls with the pretty flowers...

this is on a rock by lake chapala... i pretty much owned it. also, it was so cool looking, because it was painted gold- and there were a bazillion different names all over it.

mulan marco...

bright doors are cooly!

a big group of us on the benches... how strategic we are in crossing our legs. mark hates himself...
ha

the girls at the classy resort...

birds eating off the old food. ha. heroes...

the classy resort...

the classy pool...

the classy girls...

the classy island gang...


that's all for saturday... look at the last few days too!

No comments: