Saturday, May 24, 2008

glasses, regina spektor, & talks

This morning I woke up a little late. There was mass confusion in my heart because I could not find my contacts ANYWHERE. Basically, I left them back in Guadalajara, and sad times for me… because I had to wear my glasses. We went over to breakfast at a little restaurant and it was really good! I had this amazing Mexican hot chocolate… and I will definitely be buying it for next year. Dear Bethany, We should make lots of Mexican foods next year, no? After breakfast we went to Diego Rivera’s house, which is now a museum. It was really cool seeing all of the original paintings that I have learned about in class and stuff. There is one mural that he painted called Sueno de una tarde dominical en la Alameda Central. It is pretty much amazing, with so many cool details that I never noticed in my book. I loved seeing that mural, and also the paintings of Freida Khalo, his wife. That was really interesting. After we went to the museum, we went shopping! I bought a shirt, bracelets, and a really bright Mexican blanket. We ate pizza at three, and it was really good! It was definitely different than normal pizza. It was completely flat! After we ate lunch, we felt slightly ashamed to run off from the group to get ice cream, but we did anyways. Our bad. The ice cream bar that I got was so cool… it had four whole oreos in it. And I might say, it was quite delicious. We got on the bus, and started pulling out when we realized that Tyrell was not on the bus. Marc went out and looked for him, and found him in the bathroom. Poor Hermana Stallings, she always looses one of us. Thank goodness it’s not me. On the way home we stopped at a gas station to buy water. Also, I got the Regina Spektor song called The Call stuck in my head. I love that song so very much… it is from Chronicles of Narnia. On the way home we played the question game and had some pretty deep talks. Those four hours went by really quick. Ashley and I FINALLY got home at about 9:00, and our family wasn’t home. At about 12:00 when we went to bed, our family still wasn’t home... Very good times. Anyways, have a lovely night! LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments: